CB Insights today selected Fido.ai to the prestigious Artificial Intelligence 100 list (“AI 100”), a select group of emerging private companies working on ground breaking artificial intelligence technology. CB Insights CEO and co-founder, Anand Sanwal, revealed the winners during The Innovation Summit, a gathering of top executives and investors to explore the industries of the future.
The CB Insights research team selected the AI 100 winners based on a combination of data submitted by the companies, responses to interview questions and the company’s Mosaic Score. Mosaic is an algorithm built with funding from the National Science Foundation that gives predictive intelligence into the health of private companies.
“From financial services to healthcare to transport, incumbent companies in every industry are seeing that AI will reshape their industries. And as so often happens, transformational innovation comes from emerging companies. In the case of AI, a lot of the groundbreaking work is being done by the AI 100. The companies in the AI 100 are accelerating research, improving efficiency, and making many game-changing advancements that will be felt for decades to come,” CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal said.
Quick facts on the AI 100:
● In total, these 100 emerging private companies have raised $3.8B across 263 deals since 2012, according to CB Insights.
● Applications of their technology include breakthroughs in healthcare, drug discovery, business intelligence, gaming, manufacturing, and much more.
● More than 1,650 companies were nominated or applied for the AI 100 (only 6% were selected).
● Data Collective has backed 14 of the AI 100 companies, while NEA backed 8 and Bloomberg Beta backed 7.
● There have been 9 mega-rounds (funding rounds of $100M or more) to AI 100 companies since 2014.
● Five AI 100 companies have reached a valuation of $1B or more (also known as unicorn status).
● 11 countries are represented among the winners.